[Sdcsb-l] 3 days Computation Proteomics training at UCSD

Jennifer Beaudette jbeaudette@ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 12 10:16:43 PDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

The Center for Computational Mass Spectrometry (CCMS), UCSD is organizing an Advanced Training School on Computational Proteomics on April 25-27, 2017 (3 days). The program is scheduled in the Health Sciences Education Center (HSEC), University of California, San Diego between 9 am to 5 pm, and will train participants in the use of advanced open source and algorithms for combined analysis of proteomics and genomics data, as well as for the identification and discovery of post-translational modifications.

Please encourage your lab members to visit the program website at http://proteomics.ucsd.edu/ccmsschool2017/ for details and registration. A nominal $30 fee is required for registration (In case you want to use an index number then please contact me at anb013@eng.ucsd.edu.).

Box lunch and coffee will be provided. Only limited seating is available so registrations will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Note that a laptop computer will be required for course attendance.

Registration deadline: April 19th, 2017

To further encourage the discussion of computational questions of direct relevance to course participants, we welcome the submission of short abstracts related to proteomics research. Selected abstracts will be considered for poster presentation on first and second days of the program. Posters do not have to be original (e.g., it is acceptable to reuse materials from previous events) and could cover current and proposed research and even pose challenging questions related to the use of proteomic data. Please send your research title and abstract to anb013@eng.ucsd.edu.

We also welcome participants to bring their proteomics data for onsite data analysis.

For any questions and assistance, please contact:

Anindya Bhattacharya

Email: anb013@eng.ucsd.edu

Phone: 858-257-8427

With best regards,