[Sdcsb-l] SDSU colloquium - call for speakers

Noa Pinter-Wollman nmpinter@ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 2 16:47:09 PDT 2016

Dear SDCSB members,

As part of the center's outreach activities, SDCSB we will co-hosting
a colloquium with
San Diego State University (SDSU) in the fall.

The goal it to have primarily postdocs and advanced graduate students, who
are ready to give a 50 min talk, show case their work to a diverse set of
students at the college level, i.e., SDSU biology majors and masters
students. PIs who are interested are more than welcome to volunteer as well.

This is a wonderful opportunity to expose underrepresented communities to
your exciting research, which is very fulfilling and a good way to
promote diversity in science.

The colloquium will take place on Thursdays at 15:30-16:20. If you
are interested in presenting your work at SDSU, please let me know
by June 17th. Send me a tentative title and dates you will NOT
be available between Sep 1st and Dec 1st.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Noa

Noa Pinter-Wollman
Assistant Research Scientist